Monday, 7 January 2013

Things chicken





We had chicken for Christmas dinner. Hubby didn't fancy anything richer. His tastes and appetite are all to pot at the moment, with his chemo. It was beautiful. With the leftovers I made various things including a chicken and mushroom pie. (Lots of people I know hate mushrooms. i can't get enough of them myself.

Left, uncooked. Right, cooked. ( Oh, WHY won't they go side by side??!!)




A cross-section. Cooked in my new Le Creuset pie dish I had for my birthday recently. Such a lovely high glaze the pie just glided out.



All cooked wearing my new apron with chickens on it - another birthday present.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! that pie looks great and what a clever Foody you are with the little pastry chicken!
    I love mushrooms too and your apron is divine. What a great birthday present.
    Love to you-know-who !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh the pie looks good Foody. That's what we had tonight for dinner. And your chicken apron lol I have a koala apron which I bought the first time we went to Australia. Thinking of you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helsie: I'm glad you love mushrooms. I love them especially with sausages, or with bacon, or in a nice creamy sauce on toast.

    Ann: Hope you enjoyed your pie too.

    Both: Hubby is due his third chemo tomorrow. He has been very fragile for the last 10 days or so. His legs are a bit better since the stroke but he still needs the stick as he's very shaky. I'm going to have a bit of a chat with the staff tomorrow about him generally. I don't think they'll say anything I don't already know but it'll bring it all back to the surface so I'm really dreading it. Thanks for your concern about him.

    ReplyDelete