Friday, 5 April 2013
Fauna Friday: Black cat
When I went on my little pilgrimage on Saturday I sat in a country church porch to have a cup of tea and a hot cross bun and who should come along but this little black cat. This reminded me of the time hubby and I went to visit an old favourite church in the autumn and were also visited by a cat there. I couldn't help feeling that there was some sort of significance in this black cat on Saturday, as if he had sent it or something, but I'm probably just romanticising and being superstitious. I had to be quite firm with it as it would not keep its face out of my rucksack where my sandwiches were! It was a pushy little so-and-so with stacks of attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny, I immediately thought of the same occasion when I saw the photo. I think you just attract cats. They know you like them and are probably a bit of a pushover !
ReplyDeleteYes I think your hubby sent little kitty to visit you Foody, bless you.
ReplyDeleteMy friend has just left today to fly back to Gatwick,, yesterday as we sat at breakfast she told me a little story, as I have mentioned to you before my friend was widowed 6 years ago ( I cannot believe it was that long ago now!) anyway she had been to a lady who reads palms, this lady told her that her husband wanted to send her some lilac/purple flowers. My friend thought nothing more about it until a couple of months later when she was coming out of a supermarket where a male assistant asked her if she would like a plant as the supermarket were giving them away as maybe making space, she accepted and yes, they were purple. X
Helsie: Yes, I think this one could tell it would get away with murder.
ReplyDeleteAnn: Ooooh. These strage little things do crop up. I parked the car in one of our favourite spots last week and said to hubby - cos I still talk to him - 'When we have been here before, we have always seen long-tailed tits' and what flew into the tree next to the car at that very instant? A long tailed tit.