Wednesday, 10 April 2013

There is life out there




These are the brown hillsides like Afghanistan that I was talking about. Bare trees too. Rain is forecast for tomorrow so green should be restored soon. The daffodil buds should then pick themselves up off the ground and get on with it.



But there were signs of life yesterday. After 27 days one of the sweet pea seeds had germinated. There are no more today but I am very hopeful of a good crop.


And what of my most recent acquisition among the perennials, the spindle tree? Here it is this morning, still alive and well,


... and full of healthy buds!

3 comments:

  1. One of the best things about you not returning to work is that you are posting much more so we can see what is happening in your part of the world. The garden and countryside certainly does look brown. Don't know about afghanistan but it could be country Australia. Well not at the moment because we have had lots os rain and everything is green but you know what I mean !!!
    Glad to see the Spindle tree is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground here is very dry as well. And like you Foody one of the tiny seeds that I planted that I had saved and dried off from a pepper is through the compost, one or two look like they are coming through as well. I even watered some of the plants in our back garden this afternoon! And we sat outside in full sun having our coffee........really lovely afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helsie: We've had a little drizzle now so hopefully I can get the ponies off hay before I have a little break away next week. I only know about Afghanistan because it used to be always on the TV news. I'm glad it is going green for you and at least rain means no bush fires ( but it can bring floods of course).

    Ann: I am so glad your seeds are popping too. Pepper seeds, eh? Well done! Glad you are enjoying the sun and I hope it continues for a long, long time ( but with rain only at nights so as not to spoil the days!).

    ReplyDelete