Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Knobbly trees




It was our wedding anniversary on Saturday so off I went east on what I thought of as a personal pilgrimage to a place that was dear to me and my hubby's hearts. I've now had two such pilgrimages in such a short space of time, but it gets the inevitable over with. In the woods way above the river - which is a very special river to us - are these knobbly trees. I can remember me and hubby all wrapped up sitting on a log in these woods in November 2006 drinking tea and eating cake, looking at this very tree. We've been back a few times since.


This one is in another place a few miles on.

I think the top one is a horse chestnut and the one immediately above is an oak. The circumference of each one is several feet so they must be several hundred years old.

6 comments:

  1. I love knobbly trees, you can always see a face or too in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be taking each milestone as it comes and getting through them OK ?? Now you are on your own I hope you are telling people where you've gone. Just in case you had an accident, so they'd know where to look for you. By the looks of these places and knowing you you're deep in some country walk somewhere.
    PS. The trees certainly look old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirl: Oh yes indeed. Big spooky faces.

    Helsie: I sometimes remember to tell people. It's something I'm going to have to get used to. Yes, I am doing OK. I think that once all milestones are got through it will get easier. At least the 'film' has almost played itself out. (I mean the constant, unrelenting replay in my head of his last weeks, days, hours, minutes....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take your mobile fone with you, and make shure the batteries are fully charged.
    Cheers....Bernard
    ps My spell chequer still isn't working very well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Foodyx bless.

    My friend is here at the moment unttil Saturday from down south, Her hubby died 6 years ago. We have been to Glasgow today and by sheer chance we saw Wills and Kate, that made our day. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bernard: So I see! I do take the phone but it is terrible for not getting a signal.

    Ann: Aw, I'm sure it did your friend a lot of good to come and see you.
    Wills and Kate, eh? Did she look big?

    ReplyDelete