Sunday, 7 April 2013

Warmth!



Last Sunday, Easter Sunday, I took myself for a walk to somewhere hubby and I always liked going together. We had had freezing easterly gales for about two weeks but I thought of this valley because it runs north to south and is steep on the eastern side so I predicted it would be very sheltered, and I was right.



A friend's chickens and just started laying again and she had given me the first two fresh eggs the night before, so I took one of these, hard-boiled, a sandwich, some fruit, my flask of tea and a chocolate hen and was able to sit on the little shingly bank and eat a picnic. In my windproof fleece with anorak on top and thick trakkie bottoms with woolly tights underneath, I was really snug, tucked in below the riverbank. My face got sunburnt! Wey heyyyy!

We have always seen grey wagtails there but there wasn't one that day. Apparently they have declined lately because of the cold winters we have been having.


6 comments:

  1. "Woolly tights"!
    Similar to those knitted by Guinevere, perhaps?
    I'm glad to hear you are getting out and about and enjoying this 'ere bit of sun, before it's back to rain again. Mind you! My veggie patch here is bone dry. No chance of planting my Early Potatoes.
    By the way - how are your Sweet-peas doing in their little warm 'cardboard tights'? :)
    Take care....B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernard: Probably. They're great.
    Sweet peas still not showing but no longer frozen solid. I hope to see signs of life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice little picnic you had Foody. And sun in your face as well, a bonus.
    Turned cold in Ayr again after a fortnight of sun whilst eldest little granddaughter was up here plus my friend for a few nights. Thankfully it showed everyone that yes, the sun does shine in Scotland lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann: Oh ho, of course it does! Yes, it was a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a very pretty place. glad to hear you are having some sunny days. Perhaps it will warm up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helsie: It is a lovely place and I ought to go there more often. It has warmed up now and it's nice not going about with muscles clenched all the time.

    ReplyDelete