Thursday, 21 August 2014
A sweet little coincidence
I was checking my new steps one morning when I saw a little white triangle on one of them.
You can see it on the second row back. When you dig in the garden, you often find bits of old broken china. This has happened in every garden I have ever had. But fancy finding one lying on a slate, face up, with a little pink heart on it. It was definitely not there when I left the steps the night before. Superstition tells me somebody who loves me is watching over me.
Let me show you a wider view. Sorry, I am still on about the garden works, but this puts it all into context. There is a long clothes prop and a cane near the far end of the patio. Click on the pic and it will get bigger. Everything beyond that line is new. Also there is a big turquoise pot towards the back and right. Everything in slate that is further away than and everything to the right of that pot is new, so that includes the flight of shallow steps to the right of the patio. All I have done with these is lay them in soil. Eventually the grass will grow up between and that is intended. However if they become too buried, and mowing and keeping the grass down proves difficult, I will have to think of something else such as mortar or cement or just weedkiller. We'll see. Anyway that's my construction work finished for this summer.
And I wish I had cut sweet peas for a vase AFTER I had taken the pic and not before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go with the superstition, it sounds nice.
ReplyDeleteHelsie, Yes, why not?
ReplyDeleteYes I am with Helsie Foody :-)
ReplyDeleteAnn: Aw, thanks..
ReplyDelete