Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Out walking again




I've been exploring the wider area recently. I look at the map, see some possible walking routes near minor roads, then pack a picnic, drive off and go for it. Usually I choose the most minor of roads so I am less likely to meet anybody all day. This was a view as I walked down a little track on Saturday. The rain was most of the time just over the next hill, but a heavy shower did come down once. I put on my waterproof trousers and tucked myself under a hawthorn bush until it stopped. I hardly needed the picnic, there were so many blackberries I stuffed my face all day long. When I got home I cooked a huge blackberry crumble. Yummmmm!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful day out. Do you think the blackberries are extra plentiful this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helsie: Maybe extra plentiful but certainly extra good quality. I think I'll go and get more today, just round the local area..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This part of 'the wider area' ,btw, is somewhere near the village of Van, Montgomeryshire.

    ReplyDelete