Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Where have I been?
I've been somewhere. Where did I go?
I wanted a new pair of these but didn't want to just buy on the internet. You really need to try them as some just don't suit your eyes. Our local camera and binocs shop shut down recently, but this place here has two binocular shops in the centre and I thought it was one of these places that I ought to see. (It was European City of Culture in 2008, whatever that means.) I visited both cathedrals, the Walker Art Gallery, had lunch, took a 'ferry 'cross the Mersey' and did some shopping. When I post a photo of my newly decorated bedroom I'll let you see the two rugs I bought.
It was a great sunny day and at the end of it I was WHACKED because it was a lot of walking.
I think you have hadenough clues now to guess where it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Liverpool? Got the hint about the Mersey but not the one about Whacked ?
ReplyDeleteHa, ha! Didn't need any clues. As soon as I saw the 'liver-birds' I knew where you'd been. Plessey, who I used to work for, from '68 to '88, used to have factory there so I have spent many a night in hotels there.
ReplyDeleteHelsie and Bernard: Hi. Well done both, especially Helsie who isn't from the UK. Whacked as in knackered, exhausted. I walked for hours and for miles.
ReplyDeleteBernard: It was an easy one I know, though not the typical choice for a Foody trip away. I usually head for green hills. I've heard of Plessey. I never really knew what they were for though. I guess they were mechanical engineers then. There are some very grand and attractive buildings there and the waterfront was nice.
No, not mechanical, electronic telecommunications.
DeleteI was working on the new Digital Telephone networks which of course, we all now use and call the 'internet'. Very advanced stuff in '68 - '88.
Hi Bernard. Sorry. Because you are a retired mechanical engineer I made an assumption. Very sorry. Clearly there are lots of strings to your bow. A multifaceted, multitalented uncle!
ReplyDelete